Happy Sunday! The sun is shining and we are feeling great! So, we've made the perfect feel-good playlist to match your Sunday mood! This playlist features a variety of musical genres from our GDPI program partners and local musicians that are happy, fun, and upbeat. Take a listen to this playlist filled with love songs to get in the Valentine's Day spirit! Turn on this playlist for some happy beats and tunes to groove to on this sunny Sunday!
In 2020, our Programs Department was forced to cancel over 50 FREE concerts due to the public health crisis surrounding Covid-19, along with the cancellation of the other 400+ programs we had planned for the community this year. We are hopeful that in Spring 2021, Greensboro Downtown Parks will be able to return to in-person programming. In the meantime, we're bringing you this new blog series - Park Arts Playlists - a new playlist every week, featuring music from artists that either have performed at the downtown parks before or who would have performed this year.
If you're interested in helping us do more to support artists and creative engagement in our community, please consider becoming a donor and contributing to our $10K in 10 Weeks Campaign.
1. Roll with Me by DownTown Abby and the Echoes: With powerful vocals and hard-driving rock 'n' soul rhythms, DownTown Abby and the Echoes first came on to the music scene in Asheville, North Carolina. Roll with Me is a great pump-up tune to remind you just how amazing you are!
2. El Camino by Whiskey Foxtrot: Whiskey Foxtrot is an Americana/Rock'n Roll band based in Winston-Salem, NC that is steeped in the traditions of American music. Whiskey Foxtrot has an extensive range, playing everything from hard-hitting rock and soulful blues, to country waltzes and tender folk ballads.
3. Honey Lemon Blue by The Fat Catz:The Fat Catz are a four member band based in Burlington, NC. The Fat Catz are known for captivating their audience with danceable grooves and taking listeners on "a thrill ride of sound." Honey Lemon Blue showcases the band's iconic guitar work interlaced with melodic synthesizers to create an inspirational, ambient soundtrack.
4. Sunday Morning Groove by Jasmé Kelly:Jasmé Kelly is a talented singer/songwriter from Durham, NC. This R&B song features Jasmé Kelly's smooth, sultry voice along with an uptempo beat that will help put you in a great mood.
5. You've Got a Friend in Me by Daniel Delorenzo: Classical guitarist, Daniel Delorenzo, creates a beautiful and atmospheric sound on his latest album, Somekindastory, which he released earlier this year. Delorenzo plays this Toy Story classic on his classical guitar melodies, which is the perfect happy soundtrack for your sunny Sunday.
6. Party Time by Sahara Reggae Band: Sahara Reggae Band has been sharing their upbeat and energetic music with Greensboro since 2001. The six band members specialize in Reggae, but also perform in a variety of other genres. However, no matter the style, Sahara Reggae Band brings their sultry vocals and entertaining performance to every song.
7. Feel Somethin' by TerraBANG: TerraBANG is a 5 member band from Boone, NC, creating music that is a unique blend of hip hop, jazz, and soul. TerraBANG is a band that is "dedicated to spreading love and positivity through their music."
8. Kangaroo Pitstop by STIG:STIG features Ryan Stigmon on the saxophone, Thomson “Soy Boy” Knoles on the keys, Jack McChesney on the drums, and Artie Sadtler on the bass guitar. These four musicians bring their improvised psychedelic funk sound from the hills of Asheville, NC to the eyes and ears of their fans across the US.
9. All the Time by Reliably Bad: Reliably Bad is an 8-member Funk Pop band based in Greensboro. If You Feel (The Way I Do) features soft and sultry vocals with an R&B vibe.
10. Little One by Dropping Julia: Lead singer Emily Kresky exudes soulful sass through her storytelling songs. Combined with Sean Bracken (drums), Sam Passe (guitar), Alex Bragg (guitar) and Sebastian Nikischer (bass), Dropping Julia's style is a mixture of mellow and dreamy yet upbeat and funky music.
Happy listening! Don't forget to check back next Sunday for more songs by local artists and GDPI partners!